Saturday, August 23, 2008

The GOP Wants to Hear from You!

The Grand Old Party (GOP - AKA Republicans) wants to hear from ordinary citizens like YOU about their 2008 platform.

http://www.gopplatform2008.com/

You can submit a text entry or video entry with your input on what the party's position should be moving forward.


Some possible talking points are, but not limited to:

-Supporting a repeal on Don't Ask Don't Tell.

-Stop using same-sex marriage as a wedge issue, and to either come out in favor of it or to atleast stop calling for a constitutional amendment banning it.

-Support same-sex couple adoption rights.

-Support domestic partnerships/civil unions for gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans couples.

-Support comprehensive safe-sex education (including proper information on LGBT issues and HIV prevention.

-Support funding HIV/AIDS research and outreach on and to MSM populations who need it most.

1 comment:

Queers United said...

OMG this is hillarious! I just signed up with an account so I could post comments. For name I put Queer, I usually do that with accounts because I am writing in the name of this blog as an activist. Well it wouldn't let my name be queer it said "please fix" so I put gayman and got approved haha!

Post a Comment