Thursday, August 7, 2008

No Pride for Gay McCain Supporters!

"If you want to order a custom made outdoor banner (25 character limit) from McCain’s website store - price $25.00 - here are the limitations given: “Demeaning or derogatory names or phrases are not acceptable”, and “All personalized banners are subject to content approval by the John McCain 2008 campaign.” No other limitations are mentioned.

You can buy ready-made signs with “Veterans for McCain”, “Sportsmen for McCain”, “Asians & Pacific American” for McCain. And you can also get ready-made T-shirts with “Jewish Americans for McCain” or “Business Leaders for McCain”.

So when Craig Brownstein who is a Democrat, gay and a supporter of McCain’s campaign for president tried to get a sign made saying “A Proud Gay Democrat for John McCain”, he got a call from a site representative rejecting the text.

Brownstein says, “I was told it could only be personalized with names.” They would for instance, accept “Craig and Doug for John McCain."

If you have any "customer service inquiries" you can contact the John McCain for President Store below:

e-mail - customerservice@goptrunk.com
phone - 877-542-1426

Crossposted from Bruce Blog

14 comments:

Queers United said...

This was my email to them:
"Would it be possible to have a sign made saying "Democrats for McCain"? How much would this cost?"

Can't wait for a response, which will be followed by my rant on their homophobia.

Queers United said...

"Dear Customer,

We will not be having anything for "Democrats for McCain". We are a Republican store only and the campaign will not approve it. I am sorry for this inconvenience. However, thank you for your support.

Jennifer with
Customer Service
The McCain Store
Office: (937)547-1698
Fax: (937)547-1426
Toll Free: (877)542-1426"

Weird. I still want to know why a gay supporter who is "republican" can't have a sign than. I'll email them back ;)

Anonymous said...

Strangely enough, I was at a political rally last month. One of the groups attending was "Democrats for McCain." Even though the rally was for a Republican politician, the slogan left everyone else's mouth agape.

Dharma Kelleher said...

I don't understand why a gay person or a Democrat would want to support McCain. What's the attraction? Of course, living in Arizona, I have a front row view of his spin.

An Independent for Obama

Anonymous said...

Proud, gay, Democrat supports McCain? Why?!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this again!

Anonymous said...

P.S. And as I've posted on my blog: If you're gay and you vote McCain, it's a vote against your own humanity.

Queers United said...

I agree with all of you guys, I don't really get the whole gay for mccain deal.

P.S. since my "gay" email to the mccain folks I haven't received a response. *shocker*

Anonymous said...

I have a crazy straight spinster sister who knows i am gay and supports me in every way, BUT she WANTED HILLARY big time.... so, she, (a nut job anyway,) is pro Mcsame, just to spite the dems for not choosing HILLARY!

Anonymous said...

Gay Republicans are a lot like turkeys in the NRA. They might want to be a part of the group, but, come hunting season, they're just targets in the a game played by folks who will use them to lure in their thankful families.

Anonymous said...

I like this blog because it reminds me of myself. Thanks for posting!

Search Engine for Internet Marketing
Add Url Free
6,000+ sites indexed you can advertise on for free
View by Traffic, Quality, Reach, Popularity, and more!

Anonymous said...

A Gay who has made something of herself and will vote McCain would like to answer why McCain... Why am I a republican??

Because I work too damned hard to support more people with higher taxes! Or as the bumper sitcker says.... because we can't all be on welfare!

Queers United said...

Lynn I am gonna change your words to reflect how I feel as a queer man.

I have come too damned far to support more people who will deny me equality.

McCain wants to raise taxes on the middle class by lowering taxes on the very wealthy. Obama only wants to tax those who make more than 250k a year, and cut taxes on the middle class.

sam said...

i as a lesbian have very many gay friends..they all support each and every one of mine and others decisoins. i want to be able to express my feelings to my girlfriend without worring if i will get caught. if mccain is elected he will turn into hitler and kill us all.

I think that all people should be able to express how they feel and how would you feel if you couldnt live you're life how you wanted and you couldnt get married to the love of your life?

thank you =]

Post a Comment