Thursday, December 11, 2008

Recruiting Volunteers to Help The Queer Agenda!

I just want to thank those who have heeded this posts call and have begun to help out. In particular Stephen, Seth, Mike, Vallan, Evilslutopia, Paula and many others of you have been adding entries on facebook, myspace, and your own blogs, and I want to thank you so much. Having you guys help spread the word is critical in two ways. 1. It allows more eyes to see the material, which results in more people taking action (emailing, writing, calling, boycotting, protesting, etc). 2. The less time I have to spend promoting the actions, the more time I have to find more information and action alerts, and put out more postings.

How can you help?

  • There are different opportunities for people to help list each incoming post to different social networking sites like twitter, myspace, reddit, etc let me know if you would to be responsible for one.
  • If anyone has talent making videos or graphics, perhaps you can get in touch and we can start working on this for specific campaigns. Videos can be uploaded to youtube and go viral, and graphics/banners can be placed on many pages, it would be a whole new way to promote our actions.
  • Create your own entry on activism and different calls to action, and you could link and credit your site for such work. You could do as much or as little as you want, no obligations.
Thank you so much to those of you who have contacted me about helping out, or are already spreading the message in a variety of ways!

Thanks again for your loyal readership and committed activism, together we ARE making a difference!

3 comments:

Sofia said...

I'm not on a ton of social networking sites, but I'd be glad to help on Facebook or MySpace as needed and as time allows. I also mention things from your posts on my podcast quite regularly. I'll send you my email via your contact form.

THE EVIL SLUT CLIQUE said...

We don't comment often but we read the blog all the time. We'll try to link to you more often and give you more support on twitter, mixx, digg, etc.

ValiaMK said...

I usually post calls-to-action and interesting articles I read on this on facebook, and will continue to do so.

Best-
Vallan

Post a Comment