Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"Help A Sister Out" Benefit for Lesbian Hate Rape Victim

On December 13th, a twenty-eight-year-old California woman was brutally raped by four men because she is a lesbian and had a rainbow sticker on her car. See the story at SFGate.

The woman will need months to recover physically and years and years to recover psychologically. She needs our emotional and financial support.

If you would like to send a card, please mail it to:

Richmond Police Department
Attn: Sgt. Brian Dickerson
1701 Regatta Blvd.
Richmond, CA 94804

If you can send a financial contribution (even a few dollars) to help her pay her medical bills and other costs associated with her recovery, please mail a check payable to Community Violence Solutions to:

Community Violence Solutions
2101 Van Ness Ave.,
San Pablo, CA 94806
Attn: Mrs. Joanne Douglas

In the memo section of the check please write: Richmond Jane Doe.
For details and to show support join the Facebook group.

6 comments:

Shauna said...

If I could help financially I would, but being one of the people that isn't working I may be the one with my hand out soon. You know how I feel about this subject since it to had happen to me and never wish this even on my worst enemy. I am sorry, I wish I could be there to console her.

Anonymous said...

I don't have much cash, but will put together something. I hope she has a partner or loving family to help see her through this!
I can post something on my blogs and try to raise some $$$ at work...

Anonymous said...

I am crying my eyes out.

Linda S. said...

This is so sad......we must wake up as a society and end the violence. I am mailing her a card today.

Anonymous said...

I myslef have lil funds to donate. However, I am trying to put togther a local card making day in which we will make cards and send them to the victim. I will be asking for a $5 dollar door charge. Let's get creative to show our support!

Anonymous said...

Where is the public outrage? I haven't seen this story much in the TV News nationally... except online. What a disgrace this hate crime is -- California is sinking to new lows lately. My heart goes out to this woman. Thank God she's alive.

Post a Comment