Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Nevada Governor on Domestic Partnerships: "I Don't Believe In It"

Republican Governor Jim Gibbons of Nevada has vowed to veto legislation that would give some of the rights of marriage to same-sex couples through domestic partnerships legislation.

Asked about the measure now under consideration in the state Senate, the Republican governor says he would reject it if it reaches his desk because, “I just don’t believe in it” (Tahoe Daily Tribune).

Contact the Governor and urge him to support equality for LGBT people.

State Capitol
101 N. Carson Street
Carson City, NV 89701
(775) 684-5670
E-Contact Form

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK... time for me to leave one of my favorite movie quotes of all time here in response to the title of this post:
"Some things are true whether you believe in them or not."
~from the movie City of Angels

Queers United said...

Could you imagine if for every legislation people just said, I don't believe in it lol. Senior citizen care, ehhhh I don't believe in it. wtf.

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least the guy is honest unlike the bigot in the white house.

Anonymous said...

What are we...unicorns? This guy has a lot of nerve!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, what is there to believe in? Reality? Not sure what he means!!!!! "Your teenager is having sex." Um, I just don't believe it. DUH!!!!! WOW!

Post a Comment