Monday, September 28, 2009

Rapper Warren G Wants You to Know Your Place

In an interview with Vanity Fair magazine, rapper and hip-hop producer Warren G has made some ridiculous and offensive comments regarding gay people. He claims to have no problems with queer folk, but he just doesn't believe same-sex couples should be visible because it ends up corrupting kids.

"I ain’t against gay people. I’m just against it being promoted to kids...I know people that’s gay. My wife’s got friends that are gay. I got family that’s gay. Cousins and shit. He cool as fuck. He cool as a motherfucker. He’s my homie. I just mean that on some of these TV shows, they got dudes kissing. And kids are watching that shit. We can’t have kids growing up with that...I know it happens, but let’s keep it behind the scenes. Ain’t nothin’ wrong with it if that’s what two dudes wanna do. Cool. But that’s not bring that out into the world, where the kids can see that. We don’t want all the kids doing that. ‘Cause that ain’t how we was originally put here to do. Like I said, I ain’t got no problem with the gays" (Vanity Fair).
So seeing gay people leads us to become gay? Well there's a new theory. If Warren G claims he has no problem with gays, and has gay friends and family, tell him to get his story straight.

Contact him at his website by clicking the bottom right contact tab.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Comments like these always slay me. Is he saying that he is straight because he didn't know being gay was an option. Like if he saw dudes kissing on TV when he was a kid he might do it himself and discover he liked it better than kissing girls?

Are opponents of gay marriage telling us that the only reason they married the opposite sex is because they had no choice? Because I have always had the choice to marry the opposite sex but never wanted to. By claiming that children can be taught sexual orientation he is suggesting that he, too, could have gone either way. He just didn't know he had the choice.

Anonymous said...

That is the single most shining example of demonstrating ignorance I've ever read in my life. Hey Warren, you might be interested to know Dahlmer blamed his homosexuality on his Mom being punched in the stomach while he was in her womb. It is an equally moronic theory.

I guess that means everyone who drinks a glass of wine becomes an alcoholic too?

Anonymous said...

Its funny that he doesnt have a problem with gun slinging, dope pushing , bling flashing, calling females ho's, and talkin about trickin......but two guys kissing isnt something kids should see.............KRAZY!!!

TRiG said...

Oi, Warren, gay kids can be happy and normal.

(With javascript turned on I cannot paste URLs (or anything else); with javascript turned off the entire comments box disapears. This is annoying. Can you get a normal comments box instead, please?)

TRiG.

Jessica De Leon said...

Well, I grew up listening to Warren G's music and watching his videos, yet I didn't grow up to be a west coast gangster. Hmm.. I guess I'm the exception to his 'rule' ;)

Queers United said...

I always question people who have such a strong point of view on the issue of homosexuality. Really? If you are straight, shouldn't you just not really give a damn one way or the other?

Warren G seems to weigh in and it makes me question how secure he is in his own sexuality.

P.S. Trig I don't know why that happens, I use bloggers comment box but I will look into it. I know it's pretty annoying, hopefully I can fix.

Sabertooth Screaming Lemur said...

Snarky chastisement sent!
Boo-ya!

Larry in Miami said...

Am wondering why seeing my dad and mom kissing didn't make me straight!

Unknown said...

What's the difference with his statement and someone like myself (a white male) saying that I don't have anything against "black folk", in fact, some of my best friends are black. I just think they should sit in the back of the bus, or that interracial marriage should not be allowed. After all, what if white girls want to marry black men.

TRiG said...

Blogger has a few different versions of its comments box. This one sucks. Get a different one.

TRiG.

Queers United said...

Trig I am not familiar with multiple comment forms on blogger and how to change it.

Post a Comment